7.01.2013

Begin again...

We're half way through 2013. YIKES. I don't know about you, but I feel I didn't push myself as hard as I should have in the last 6 months. I should've done this, this, and this... or I should've done it faster or gotten it done 2 weeks before I did... or I should've worked out 5 times a week and eaten healthier, but I didn't...

It can get despairing real quick when we focus on what we didn't do. But we get a new chance every morning to begin again, and if you're the person (like me) who needs to start new plans + resolves on Mondays or if the day got started wrong won't try to live it ideally, this is a perfect day to start again.

So just know that your past is NOT your future:

Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. // Phillippians 3:13-14

Keep pressing on. God doesn't want you focusing on your past and living in it, but living and being in the now. He has called you to more. More of Him, more loving, more living, more enduring.

If you need to, forget about the first half of 2013 and focus on the opportunities and time you have today. Fully live it.

How do you want to live differently in the second half of 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment