7.10.2013

Equipped

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." 
- James 1:2-4 (ESV)



     This past week has been a real eye opener for me, as I watched my town lose a young man who just graduated from high school. He was a friend, brother, son, grandson, nephew, and much more. I watched as we all grieved his loss. As I was studying my bible this week and continuing a study in James I came across this verse that touched my heart and it was no coincidence, Gods timing is always perfect!  It's easy to count our blessings as joy, but to go through trials and count those as joy?! I was sitting there in awe thinking how crazy is that? Then I realized I want this steadfast faith and without the testing of my faith I would never grow my steadfast faith.

      As I prayed that day, I prayed as I went through trials I'd be equipped with steadfastness. My reminder to all of you this week, whatever you're going through and whatever various trials you're dealing with, count it joy. Grow in steadfastness, strengthen your faith, read his word to propel you forward, and simply ask Him to grow you through your trials.

In His love, 
Elleigh Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment