5.06.2013

What if I made a mistake...


 Somewhere in between entering middle school to graduating high school I developed this view of an ‘ideal’ Christian. I did the right things, said the right words, even dressed the right way and, from the outside world looking in, I was doing everything... right.

It’s so easy for me to slip into this pattern of thinking… That if I follow ‘the rules’ that I’m a good person. What happens when I make mistake… When I mess up bad? Then what? Well… Truth be told we’re all human. We’re all flawed and we all sin. But the beauty is that our sins have already been forgiven and we can be washed clean.



Realizing that trying and making mistakes is part of the journey is probably one of the best things in the world. You are going to mess up, you are going to do things wrong, but Christ has already covered you. You have already been forgiven; you just have to accept Him.

“To have faith in Christ means, of course, trying to do all that He says, There would be no sense in saying you trusted a person if you would not take his advice. Thus if you have really handed yourself over to him, it must follow that you are trying to obey Him. But trying in a new way, a less worried way. Not doing these things in order to be saved, but because He has begun to save you already. Not hoping to get to Heaven as a reward for your actions, but inevitably wanting to act in a certain way because a first faint gleam of Heaven is already inside you.” – C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

These past few weeks I've been learning to strive for the best but walk in grace while doing so. I would love to hear what you have been learning in the past couple of weeks. Leave a note in the comment section below! :)

xoxo, Ciera Chante

No comments:

Post a Comment