2.28.2014

Why am I doing this?

Do you ever just stop and ask yourself, "Why am I doing this?"

Why did we choose to pursue this entrepreneurial journey at such a young age in the first place? Was it built upon a deep, nurtured, and enriched calling upon your life? Did it begin with a fling & a zing that just seemed cool in the moment, but transformed into something so much more? Whatever your "it" reason is, as one young entrepreneur to another, let me encourage you in this.

- Remember your passion. Take time to step away from social media, marketing, web design, "manifesto making", and endless goal settings & R E M E M B E R  why you do what you do. Let the core of your passions drive your business and hold down your fort. I often find myself getting so caught up in the rig-a-ma-roar of "what's next" that I forget why I began. I'm so guilty of not taking the time to appreciate what I have now, where I've been, and where I am in this moment, these "memories" this "heritage" of yours is what ultimately will keep your fire burning. It does not matter how much you know, the places you go, or the work you show, if you refuse to hone in on that which propelled you forward in the beginning, you will hit a wall and you will be left empty once again -- wondering why.

- Take the time to stop. Breathe kid, you've got Jesus on your side, so take a chill pill. It does not matter what your doing or where you are/are going, because God is at work around you 24/7 & it is your GIFT to have the privilege to take part in His work. Don't lose sight of that, or take it for granted. You have the honor to jump in, humble your heart, and partake in a much greater work for the kingdom of God. Even if that is a "flipping burgers & filling fries at McDonalds" reality for you right now, just calm down. If it's His will, it will happen. If it's your will, well -- that's just too bad. The truth hurts sometimes, believe me - I get it.

- Don't mistake calm for lazy, keep pursue that calling, keep loving your Jesus, and keep serving Him. Even if you can't see the fruit, your heart & eyes should be so captivated that you find yourself with nothing to fear. You quite literally have the world at your finger tips, so soak it in, and breath in that air - let your heart set sail.

Call me Ms. Upfront, but sugar coating our dreams and questions is not my specialty. Sometimes we have to read it like it is and digest it real good. Yes, I just said "real good". Let reality simmer over, let Jesus lead you on level ground and fight for a level head, then join in on the action. (It's happening all around you, you just have to look.)

xoxo,
Sarah Delanie

No comments:

Post a Comment